03 February 2009

Algebra: Solving Linear Equations - Part 1: The Basics

[NOTE: This video is only the first 18 minutes of the full lesson, please visit my website to purchase complete version] Lesson consists of providing you with a Self-Tutorial on how to solve linear equations. Tutor discusses what is an Equation, Solution, Solution Set, Equivalent Equations, Identity, Contradictions, Conditional Equations, Linear Equations, the Standard Form of a Linear Equation. I show you how to actually SOLVE linear equations going step-by-step. I don't skip steps. I review some of the properties of Equality here too. I remind you to check the work done and how to solve linear equations using a calculator. At the end, you will know how to easily solve equations that look like:

2[y - (4y - 1)] = 5 - 9y

No word problems are done here. This is shown in DETAIL in Part 2 of the Lesson.

No comments: